Please send your mail to
Personal Page of Theo Hupkens
- I have a comprehensive page in Dutch that describes all about the Arduino, sensors, projects and much more. Due to lack of time I cannot translate these pages now. For the time being I'll describe only a few interesting projects instead. (Note: there are only a few links yet)
- Little Red Riding Hood 3.0: Graphical 'adventure' for children. No real
violence (yes, it's possible!). Play this fairy tale as you know it OR
try to gain as many points as you can. Little Red Riding Hood can walk, talk, answer simple questions, "sing", think, et cetera. Requires SVGA with at least 800 x 600 pixels in "true color", recommended is 1024 x 768, 24 bits colors. Below you see the three cats of Little Red Riding Hood.
Unfortunately Little Red Riding Hood will not be continued.
Go to the home page of Little Red Riding Hood
- The Isle of Logicians. Try this
if you like logic problems. Read the story
(please do this first) or
go to the Logician download page.
- Another logic problem: Officers wearing their caps askew... Read
problem and solution [File is temporarily not available]. Of cource, I have a Delphi simulation of this... (mail me if you want to have it).
- A beautiful BCD clock: no desription, but maybe you can still figure out how it works......Click here to see the clock
- Binary clock: easier to understand than the BCD clock, but harder to read. Try to figure out how it works! Click here to see the clock (tijd = time, datum = date)
- 21 matches (the well known game). The computer is a very strong opponent. Delphi code and
description -in Dutch- are on the Pythia II cd.
- "SIM Triangle game." Little intelligence game in English
(the language is hardly important). Download
SIM.zip (180 kBytes)
- Tic-tac-toe.. Play any (tic-tac-toe-like) game according to
your own (secret) rules. The computer discovers these rules and plays
stronger and stronger.
- Pinocchio. Little game for little children (in Dutch). I can make a customized version in
any language, if you send me questions together with - for each
question - one correct and
three to six wrong answers ('little lies'). Contact me by e-mail for an example and some more information.
- Please join the year 2100 experiment.
- Viewer for everything that looks like PCX. Read paper "The PCX File Format: Very Old and
Important news: You can get a free one-year licence for the Delphi Community Edition for non-commercial use. This is a very well featured version that allows you to compile for several platforms. Click here for more information.
Unfortunately, Microsoft and a number of virus checkers make it almost impossible for me to start executables directly from the site. Users get a lot of warnings when they try this. That's why I am now reprogramming most of my programs in JavaScipt. You can still download some freeware programs from my site, but you have to unblock them for full functionality.
Delphi components (program variables and comments are in Dutch)
- TGolfTekst. Nervous text;
allows different colors for each character.
- TFilm: play a movie or animation. You can even play several
movies while the program is not running.
- TAnimatie: like TFilm, but now the images are transparent and can move over the screen...
- TVorm: extension of TShape, with triangles and background patterns. Thick lines are drawn correctly.
- TKlok: A clock, in any shape. It runs as soon as it is placed on a Form (even if the program has not been compiled). Uses TVorm.
Some of these components can be downloaded from the URL at the
bottom of this page. Read paper "Design Time Active Components"
- Pinokkio (the DOS/Dutch version of Pinocchio), can be downloaded from the Dutch site below.
- Roodkapj 2.2a (Little Red Riding Hood). Uses standard (640 x 480 x 16) VGA resolution. Very nice, but is less sophisticated than the Windows version. Can be downloaded from any of the Dutch sites below.
- Roodkapj 2 (Little Red Riding Hood). Graphical 'adventure' in the Dutch language, for children. (Optimized for slow computers, uses EGA resolution, so acceptable on small monitors only. (Available on request.)
- Various viewers for images in BMP, GIF and PCX-format.
- Turbo Pascal unit to put (part of the) graphical output of the TP program into a GIF-file.
- "Graphical" mouse for DOS text mode. REALLY obsolete.
You can find more information in Dutch at the following locations:
Last modified August 18, 2018